From: Terry Mar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 10:00 AM
To: 'The Digital Divide Network discussion group'
Subject: RE: [DDN] Charity Advantage?

Does anyone out there know if Charity Advantage is a nonprofit or a "For
profit" organization?

There is nothing on their website that clearly states what they really
are.
They say some pretty ambiguous things, like:

"We want to thank the following foundations for their continued support
of
nonprofits:
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
David and Lucile Packard Foundation"

But they really don't say that they received grants from these
foundations.

They also say:

"NP Online Action would not be possible without the following companies:
Cisco, MicroSoft, Dell, Yhaoo"

But again they do not specifically say that they received grants or just
purchased/use this technology.

The only thing that is clearly spelled out is the following:

"Commitment by Recipient: One-time program administration fee of $59.
And,
Monthly budget of $35 for website hosting and maintenance. Maintenance
enables your organization to add new web pages and update content on
existing pages any time."

Any comments?

Terry