People thinking along the lines of shared "playlists" might want to
watch for the work that Dave Winer is doing with OPML - outline
processor markup language. There is great potential for shared
outlines of many kinds.

Dave will release an open source OPML editor (with an extremely simple
user interface - I saw him demo it last night) in the next couple of
months. Beta testing is going on right now. Dave invented RSS, another
very simple and powerful standard. OPML in one application can
organize and disseminate lists of RSS feeds. In another, it manages
shared workgroup notes.

Dave's famously ornery blog is a source for news on this:

http://archive.scripting.com/

I will post other links as I find them.

Best
Dave Pentecost