Just an aside to this discussion, which is interesting and to the
point of digital divide and digital elite issues:

Many people considering digital divide issues are also concerned with
energy and sustainability. Is airline travel, in which each individual
is responsible for energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
equivalent to a year's worth of driving, compatible with this?

(clearly the amount of energy required is dependent on distances
traveled, but you get my point)

Best
Dave

--