10 November - 12 November 2005
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

We are on the verge of what many are calling the "second information
revolution," based on ubiquitous access to both computing and information.
Handheld communication devices will become portable and even wearable remote
control devices for both the social and physical worlds. At the same time,
access to information will likely flourish, with an explosion in the volumes of
data collected and distributed by these new devices-volumes of information
about people delivered to more and more people, in new ways. The technologies
of instant access have potential to transform dramatically our lives, cities,
societies and economies much like the automobile changed our world in the
previous century.

This research symposium will bring together leading international experts who
will address and discuss issues surrounding the impact of instant access on
social organization, institutions, urban morphology, heath and well-being,
social justice and social exclusion

http://www.geog.utah.edu/instant_access/index.html

Siobhan Champ-Blackwell
Community Outreach Liaison
NN/LM-MCR
Creighton University Health Sciences Library
2500 California Plaza
Omaha, NE 68178
402.280.4156/800.338.7657 option#1,#2, then #1
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://nnlm.gov/mcr
http://medstat.med.utah.edu/blogs/BHIC/
<http://medstat.med.utah.edu/blogs/BHIC/>