In a message dated 11/9/05 4:35:36 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Visit our 2005 International Human Rights Day Dinner Page
>
>  Visit the Global Rights Web Site
>

> Global Rights Launches New Program: Amplifying Youth Voices on Rights,
> Poverty, and Discrimination
>
>  At a time when the governments of the world have commited themselves to
> reducing poverty by 2015, Global Rights has developed a new program to ensure
> that the voices of youth and members of marginalized racial and ethnic
> communities are included in this dialogue. The goal of the program is to
> support a
> global movement of youth from communities that face discrimination who are
> empowered to grapple with issues of poverty and discrimination from a human
> rights perspective.
>
>  Global Rights has selected young adults from more than 400 applicants
> worldwide to participate in the new program. The participants represent a
> variety
> of racial and ethnic communities including the Berbers in Algeria, Roma in
> Bulgaria, Batwa in Burundi, indigenous peoples from Canada, Indonesia, Nepal,
> and Cameroon, Dalits in India, Afro-descendents in Brazil and Nicaragua, and
> African-Americans and Latinos in the United States. They will meet at a
> workshop on human rights and poverty in New York from November 14-16, 2005.
>
>  The New York workshop will be held at the International Center for
> Tolerance Education, and is supported by the Third Millennium Fund.
> Participants
> will focus on the key principles of equality and non-discrimination and will
> explore how members of marginalized communities have unequal opportunities to
> realize rights that are fundamental for alleviating poverty, such as the
> right
> to education. Based on their own experiences, they will develop a comparative
> survey on educational opportunities in marginalized communities and
> privileged communities within their country. When the participants return to
> their
> communities, they will mobilize others to assist them in implementing the
> survey and to become active in the movement.
>
>  At a later point during the first program year, participants will take
> part in a “Global Dialogue” with international human rights and development
> experts at which they will discuss their survey results and their research on
> how ethnic and racial disparities impact the development process.
>  This new program is designed to ensure that the voices of youth from
> disadvantaged ethnic and racial groups are amplified in the current global
> discourse on poverty reduction and development.
>
>  To read more about the program, click here.
>  To read more about the participants, click here.
>  To read more about Global Rights' International Advocacy efforts, click
> here.

Bonnie Bracey Sutton
Outreach GLEF.org
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/bbracey
My communities
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/summitforchildren
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/gendergap
CyberEd Resources : ICT's and Education (owner)
Games and Education (owner)
Science without Frontiers STEM Initiatives K-12 (owner)
http://www.digitaldivide.net/blog/bbracey

Portal Work
http://edreform.net/
Technology Applications for learning in the portal
applications.edreform.net
Technology Applications for Learning
The Technology Applications for Learning Network is a catalog of technology
applications for learning.

http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/STEM