Breaking news from Tunis.... Word has reached civil society members here at WSIS that a group of protesters in downtown Tunis have been surrounded by riot police. The protesters were apparently leaving the headquarters of a group of Tunisian hunger strikers when the incident began.

I spoke with a representative from AMARC, the World Association of Community Radio, who has been in contact with people on the scene with the protestors. Please note that all of this information is coming to me second hand, so I cannot confirm the exact details of what is going on, but here is what I was told.

More details on my blog:

http://www.andycarvin.com/archives/2005/11/report_riot_pol.html

I'll post an update if I can get more information. Stay tuned... -andy

--
Andy Carvin