Dear Amos, Chibuzo, and All,

Hello and thanks for the query!  The information about this conference, the
ICASA (International Conference on HIV/AIDS and STIs in Africa) is at
www.icasa2005.org.ng. There are many groups and individuals going (abt
12,000 delegates from all over the world), and some of them are youth
groups, who will be showcasing their "ICTs for HIV/AIDS" projects. No
connection to the SA Regulator, I don't believe.

The org. to which Chibuzo is connected--Development Partnership
International--is a youth-oriented nonprofit which uses ICTs to address
HIV/AIDS and other human-development challenges
(www.developmentpartnership.org). They will be at the ICASA, along with
ARYI (African Regional Youth Initiative... www.aryi.interconnection.org),
TakingITGlobal (www.takingitglobal.org), GYCA (Global Youth Coalition on
HIV/AIDS... www.youthaidscoalition.org), Global Youth Action Network
(GYAN... www.youthlink.org), and International Students Conference on
HIV/AIDS (ISCA... www.isca.org.zm).

Other ICTs-related connections to the ICASA are:  1)  a joint project
called "African Youth HIV/AIDS Best Practices Handbook", in which DPI is a
partner, along with my international arts and MDGs coalition, ActALIVE
(www.actalive.org) and the International Federation of Medical Students
Associations (IFMSA... www.ifmsa.org), which will debut at the conference
with 100 examples of HIV/AIDS best practices, some using ICTs,  and  2) the
Peace Tiles Project (www.peacetiles.net), about which creator Lars
Hasselblad Torres has posted here, which will have at least one and
possibly two Peace Tiles murals exhibited at the conference.

I worked on both endeavors, and can attest to the fact that we would not
have had the success we have achieved in putting these projects together
without ICTs, which allowed us to reach out to large numbers of people in
Africa and the world over, and jointly create and organize events and
activities both local and global.  The Peace Tiles project included
workshops in about 15 countries, in some cases multiple workshops
throughout one country, and mural exhibits for World AIDS Day in India, S.
Africa, Switzerland, USA, Kenya, The Gambia, Senegal, and Nigeria. One
mural, on a peace-related theme, has been created by children affected by
war in Uganda and will be sent to the youth of Darfur, Sudan.

Hope some of you will indeed make it to the ICASA (including Amos)! There
will also be a CD-ROM of the African Youth Handbook available soon (and
hopefully a web presence), which lists some ICTs-and-HIV/AIDS-related
activities (and some of these activities are in Ghana...in fact, we have an
entry for an org working at the Buduburam Refugee Camp).

With thanks and all best wishes, Janet (Feldman, [EMAIL PROTECTED],
www.kaippg.org)

> Subject: Re: [DDN] How many will be at ICASA :Nigeria
Can you kindly provide detail on the conference? Is it connected to the
South African Regulator?

Amos Anyimadu