"There can be no gainsaying of the fact that a great revolution is taking
place in the world today . . . that is, a technological revolution, with the
impact of automation and cybernation . . . . Now, whenever anything new comes
into history it brings with it new challenges and new opportunities. . . .
[T]he
geographical oneness of this age has come into being to a large extent through
modern man's scientific ingenuity. Modern man through his scientific genius
has been able to dwarf distance and place time in chains. . . . Through our
scientific and technological genius, we have made of this world a neighborhood
and yet we have not had the ethical commitment to make of it a brotherhood. But
somehow, and in some way, we have got to do this."
 That was Rev. Martin Luther King, March 31, 1968.

>From the NIIAC

I have a copy of it may be on line, don't know.

Was a report on the Information Infrastructure Task Force , Committee on
Aplplications and Technology, NIST, US Dept of Commerce
September 1994
Special Publication 868
Nat. Inst. Stand. Techol.
Spec. Publ. 868
160 PAGES

COMMON GROUND
http://nsi.org/Library/Compsec/niiacsec.txt
http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/books/screen/13.html

THEN THERE ARE THE SPEECHES OF LARRY IRVING
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/speeches/urban62698.htm

Bonnie Bracey Sutton
bbracey at aol com
Outreach GLEF.org
http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/bbracey
My communities
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/summitforchildren
http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/gendergap
CyberEd Resources : ICT's and Education (owner)
Games and Education (owner)
Science without Frontiers STEM Initiatives K-12 (owner)
http://www.digitaldivide.net/blog/bbracey

Portal Work
http://edreform.net/
Technology Applications for learning in the portal
applications.edreform.net
Technology Applications for Learning
The Technology Applications for Learning Network is a catalog of technology
applications for learning.

http://www.digitaldivide.net/community/STEM