I am sharing the following request from Mark Lasserre, a teacher in New
Orleans whose school was destroyed by hurricane Katrina. He is seeking
contributions to help rebuild. Read below....

Seeking Re-Building Help for Katrina Casuality

Dear Colleagues,

I was able to return to our school campus for the first time last week.  My
computer lab and robotics lab were both under several feet of water.  They
are a complete loss.

Our school is sharing a campus with another school in New Orleans. But, the
word is that we may return in the spring or next fall.  About half of our
students are back with us. Rebuilding is the focus now.  However, little is
being said about rebuilding my labs.  The robotics lab destruction is
particularly painful since my students made it to the regionals at Auburn
University last week.  All of our tools, equipment and winning designs were
destroyed. It is clear we will need 50-60K to rebuild both labs.

I truly believe New Orleans will be a better community in the coming years.
We will be smaller, but more productive.  The French Quarter and downtown
are intact.  The Convention Center and Superdome are being restored.  Life
is slowly returning. But, it is not the same place you visited years ago.
Whole neighborhoods and sections of the city will be bulldozed.

Thank you very much for anything your network of schools can share in
helping us rebuild our school.

If you could send out an all call, we would really appreciate it!

Mark Lasserre
Teacher, Holy Cross School
New Orleans, LA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

MAKE A DONATION
http://www.globalschoolhouse.org/membership/donate.html

Dr. Yvonne Marie Andrés
Director & Co-Founder, Global SchoolNet Foundation
132 N. El Camino Real, #395, Encinitas, California, 92024
Phone: (760) 635-0001

www.globalschoolnet.org
      Collaborate, communicate & celebrate learning!