Bonnie -- I'm confused as to your reference to the "Rising Above the Gathering Storm" report. The NY Times article was certainly a disappointment - it was clear they haven't done their research. But I've not seen anything in the "Rising Above" report that implied that we had a playing field -- in fact that report points out how far behind we are in danger of falling.

Thanks for clearing this up.
Ken