When social networks become networks of purpose, working together to solve
important problems, CEOs will take them seriously. Until then, CEOs will
think they are taking productive time away from making a profit for the
company.

Solving problems via the internet is the same as solving problems through
any face based process, except the people who participate can come from many
different parts of the world and the ideas used to innovate solutions can
also come from many parts of the world.

Solving important problems take lots of people, many years, and lots of
sweat, brains and money. We need learn to use social networking to innovate
ways to get these resources and keep them focused on specific problems for
many years.

When social network people demonstrate that they can innovate better
solutions, faster and at a lower cost than can place based groups, CEOs will
join them.

My opinion.

Dan Bassill
Tutor/Mentor Connection