From: Andy Carvin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 5:02 PM
To: The Digital Divide Network discussion group; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [DDN] Jimmy Wales announces Wikipedia/$100 laptop alliance,
Wikiversity, Wikiwyg

Today at the second annual Wikimania conference, Wikipedia founder Jimmy

Wales announced that MIT's $100 laptops will all include a copy of
Wikipedia. He also announced the launch of Wikiversity, an online
community for generating learning materials, and Wikiwyg, a easy-to-use
interface for editing Wikipedia, developed in conjunction with
SocialText.

More here:

http://www.andycarvin.com/archives/2006/08/jimmy_wales_announce.html

--