The problem with having copies on a computer hard drive of the Wikipedia
or any other electronic book is that this is then a static copy of that
tool.  The whole idea of the Wikipedia and of a Wiki in general is that
anyone in the audience of that Wiki can modify, rewrite or improve the
content already there.  There may be hundreds of changes to the Wikipedia
daily.  A static copy of this tool rather than accessing the Wikipedia on
the web would become an outdated copy in very short order, unless a
mechanism is going to exist to connect to the Wikipedia website to have
the content revised online.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University