Ary Borenszweig wrote:
Yigal Chripun escribió:
Denis Koroskin wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 20:41:23 +0300, Yigal Chripun <yigal...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Denis Koroskin wrote:
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:58:23 +0300, Bill Baxter <wbax...@gmail.com>
wrote:

For me, V1.038 compiles my code but takes a really really really long
time to do so.

It now takes 1 min 20 secs for a full build, when it used to compile
in 13 seconds.
Forget the 60% slowdown from LDC -- this is 515% slower!

(building with DSSS and tango)

--bb

I generally make all my imports private and run a command line tool
that
strips unnecessary imports once in a while to minimize intermodular
dependencies. Maybe it could help in your case, too?

When programming in Java, Eclipse knows to handle all of this for you.
it will suggest adding missing imports, it can remove unused imports
and it can convert a foo.bar.* into a list of the specific modules you
actually used in the code.
I wish that kind of tool would be available for D. Is this
functionality implemented in descent? if not, is it planned?

I do realize that it's more difficult to do this for D than it is for
Java, because of Conditional compilation and other issues already
mentioned in this thread. But it would be awesome if I could just
write:

Stdout("whatever").newline;

and get a quick-fix action (Ctrl+1) to add tango.io.Stdout to the list
of imports.

--Yigal

You should watch Descent videos on youtube, it is *much* smarter that
that!

http://www.youtube.com/user/asterite

I watched the video.
the functionality is that if you write: new Foo; it added
automatically an import for Foo. that's very cool and all but I was
asking for something more than that.

for Java, Eclipse can add and manage imports for you not only when you
do new Somthing() but also for functions - like recognizing that
Stdout("string") needs to import tango.io.Stdout.

If you put the cursor right after Stdout, you get the autocompletion.
But I understand what you say, you want ctrl+shift+o (organize imports).
I need to add some hooks into the port of the compiler so when a "symbol
undefined" is reported, show a popup suggesting an import.

Aww... so many features I'd like to add. I wish more people would join
the project. Many people say "thanks to all the developers involved in
this project", and it's really just me, Robert Fraser, Bruno Medeiros,
Frank Benoit helped a little in the beginning, and I can't remember if
someone else helped... Of course, its testing, its usage, comments and
suggestions by part of the community helped a lot also, but if more
people would join the project, it would be much more powerful than now...

You read my mind :)
I hear you. It's not easy to take such a huge undertaking on yourself.

Well, I know Java, I don't know the sourcecode of eclipse and how to work with it. I have very little spare time. I'll be happy to help as much as I can, even if it's just testing and such. I can help test for 64bit (windows/linux)...