Anders Bergh wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 06:04, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:
Anders Bergh wrote:
On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 05:06, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com>
wrote:
It's hard to see what that might be. dmd uses nothing but the generic
linker
commands, in fact, it uses gcc to do the link. It also doesn't use any
but
the basic api functions like read() and write().

When you link you have to have an environment variable set,
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.4. There's probably some other things that
need to be done, if you use Xcode to build it'll do it for you easily.

I don't use XCODE, just an ordinary makefile. What else needs to be done?

A few Google searches gives me this:

http://paulbeachsblog.blogspot.com/2007/12/i-have-read-in-number-of-places-that-i.html
(suggests -mmacosx-version-min=10.4)

From the article: "Any attempt to compile Firebird on MacOS 10.5 and run it on MacOS 10.4 will create bus errors."

I suppose that explains the bus error. But I love this: "The Firebird build environment now uses both - just to make 100% certain". Blech. Anyone know for sure? I hate randomly trying things.