No.

If we had D and D2, then we'll need D3 (and D4....). And we don't need both a D([1]) and a D.learn newsgroup. Not enough volume three groups.

We need _D.programming_ and _D.future_, that's all.

Once they're up, we post into d.learn that "please post in D.programming instead", and in D that "post in D.future instead".

The whole point of this name change is to steer people into *D.programming* by default. That means /anybody/ who approaches our news for the first time.

D.programming should contain both newbie questions, and general talk about the Current D version (i.e. D1 for now, and once "D2 is out", D1 and D2 together).

People who don't fancy themselves as language development guys, should get scared enough of the name D.future that they approach with caution. And that's all we need. If they peek in, and are comfortable with hairy stuff, and want to contribute, then just jump in, of course.

For this to serve the purpose we intend, D1 should be more prominent on the digitalmars web site, too. It is the Current Version, after all! D2 is only alpha, and not intended for use by others than the D language developers.