On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Nick Sabalausky <a...@a.a> wrote:
> "Jarrett Billingsley" <jarrett.billings...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I'm starting to get the impression that you just have a _really slow
>> Javascript interpreter_ in your browser.  I have no idea what you're
>> talking about with text input lag.  I have never experienced that.
>> And the Tango API opens in about 2 seconds with JS enabled for me.
>>
>> What browser are you *using*?
>
> Oh I do have a notably slow JS interpreter (FF). But that's completely
> beside the point. A web page should be designed to work properly (and that
> includes responsiveness) on *any* major browser. Anything less is just plain
> irresponsible.
>
> Also, what kind of computer do you have? Some sort of multi-core 64-bit? I
> don't care if that's all that the stores are currently trying to sell,
> there's no excuse for responsive *web browsing* to require that kind of
> hardware.

I use Firefox too.  My computer isn't even a fire-breathing monster by
today's standards: Athlon X2 64 4600+, but it's running in 32-bit
mode.

And if you don't want to keep your hardware new enough to match the
demands of modern software, no matter how badly-engineered you deem
it, well, you'll always be bitching about how slow everything is.  If
you have usability issues, it's on your end.  I don't.  My computer,
and everything I access on the internet, are perfectly responsive.
Are you going to continue blaming everyone else, or are you just going
to get a new machine?  They're like $12 now.