Reply to grauzone,

BCS wrote:

The demarshaller function is indexed via a string derived from the
original object. What would the marshaller function key on? The best
I can think of right now is the typeinfo and as of now, that's broken
under DLLs

DLLs are broken in general. There are many more problems associated
with them, and you won't be happy with them. I write all my code with
the assumption in mind, that TypeInfos/ClassInfos for the same type
always are the same instance.

On second pass, even putting DLLs aside, I can't count on typeinfo being the same in both sides because I can't even count on them being in the same process, exe or even under the same compiler, OS or CPU.

Can you get the mangled name of an object instance at runtime via typeinfo?