== Quote from Walter Bright (newshou...@digitalmars.com)'s article
> Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
> > watching wrote:
> >> most programmer want use the language and a lot libraries that come
> >> with it. instead of gui, db etc. you guys discuss until all
> >> prospective users are gone off to use something that lets them do the job
> >>
> >> maybe it is time to put a large effort into libraries by all the
> >> bright people that are arroung d.
> >
> > The IDE I'm developing is exactly for that purpose, to bring more people
> > to D and to make writing D code more convenient.
> Exactly, and I'm most pleased to see you and others stepping up to fill
> in the gaps.
> > The D language doesn't need to come with tons of libraries out of the
> > box, its a systems language after all; C++ only comes with the STL and C
> > with the stdlib, you need platform headers and third party libraries to
> > do something more than a simple console program.
> While that's true that C and C++ became successful with minimal
> libraries, I think the bar is much higher these days. Looking at the go
> library, there's a lot in there we could use in the D library.
> http://golang.org/pkg/
> The library is licensed under the
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
> meaning we can adapt it to D.

I thought (I'm not 100% sure on either of these counts) that:

1.  We don't want anything in Phobos that requires attribution for works
distributed exclusively in binary form, even if the license is otherwise
permissive.  This means we can't use BSD-licensed code in Phobos.

2.  Creative commons isn't entirely clear about whether attribution would be
required for stuff distributed in pure binary form.