On 3/22/10 14:30, Michel Fortin wrote:
It's been a while since DMD has been available on Mac OS X, but I
haven't made an official release of D for Xcode to support DMD. Today
I'm fixing that.

So D for Xcode 2.1 now supports DMD. It comes with an installer package
that does the following:

* Install D plugin for Xcode
* Install Xcode file and project templates for D
* Download and install latest version of DMD 2.x
* Download and install latest version of DMD 1.x

This means that someone can just run the installer and immediately start
writing/compiling D code within Xcode. It's using DMD 2.x by default,
but there is no problem installing both versions at the same time and
changing the default.

More details and some screenshots on the website:

<http://michelf.com/projects/d-for-xcode/>

I've download the new version of your plugin and have tested it and have few comments.

The first thing I noticed when I compiled a project was that it tries to pass the '-noboundscheck' flag to DMD, which it doesn't support.

I also noted that now the plugin overwrites/removes the GDC support. It would be nice if both could be supported.

Have you ever investigated if it would be possible create a plugin for Interface Builder that would add D support? I've been thinking of two ways this might be done.

I've found this blog post which I think is quite interesting: http://cocoawithlove.com/2009/02/interprocess-communication-snooping.html . I was thinking if the method described there could be used to add D support to Interface Builder. I was thinking of implementing a class that generates temporary Objective-C header files out of D files, implementing the methods described in the post and responding with the temporary Objective-C files. I've tried to implement a kind of dummy class which responds to the methods but Interface Builder didn't like them for some reason.

The other idea I was thinking of was to create an actual plugin for Interface Builder containing a D parser that does the same as Interface Builder does but for D files.

Great work by the way with the plugin, I specially like that D files are correctly recognized now.

/Jacob Carlborg