Robert Clipsham wrote:
You'd be ok with, for example:
  -g             add symbolic debug info
  -gc            add symbolic debug info, pretend to be C++

Instead of C then? Or some other language that debuggers support? I say this as C++ supports more of D's features, so we'd be able to give better debugging info for debuggers without explicit D support.

Yes.

There was another point in that post, about the D extensions to DWARF... I think it is unlikely that patches to support D's extensions to DWARF would be accepted into gdb, particularly as the values for the DW_TAG's conflicts with things in the DWARF4 spec. I think there should be a way to act like D but without these extensions. Ideally the solution to this is to try and get the extensions officially into the DWARF spec, which I'd be willing to push for if possible.

That's the problem with D extensions; unless they get officially adopted they conflict with future changes to the spec. We need to get them officially adopted.