Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Stewart Gordon" <smjg_1...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:huj8co$od...@digitalmars.com...
Taken the words out of my mouth there.  I once came across this:

http://www.wiltshirefarmfoods.com/accessibility.asp
"Wiltshire Farm Foods has worked hard to make this site as accessible to as many customers as possible, whether you have a disability or are simply not using the latest technology."

I absolutely love this part: "or are simply not using the latest technology."

Indeed, you could well ask how you can have to work hard not to use any of the ultra-modern features webmasters of the 90s had no trouble not using.

Though I suppose one challenge is remembering which features CSS had in those days.

One of my [many] huge pet peeves about the web is how there's so many sites out there that feel it's their duty to try to push/shame/scare people into using the alleged "latest and greatest".

I know. Apparently some makers of lesser-known browsers even feel it's their duty to try push/shame/scare people into using SOTA mass-market browsers instead of their own. Go figure.
http://webtips.dan.info/brand-x/intro.html
(Maybe I'll ask him if he has anything resembling a list of current examples....)

Stewart.