On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:07:52 +0300, Gour <g...@atmarama.net> wrote:

Try https://code.launchpad.net/bzr

Ah, that's quite nice.

Well, it's question of bitbucket's interface, nothing about git.

And I wasn't talking about Git by itself.
If you look at http://whygitisbetterthanx.com/ , GitHub is listed as one of the major reasons.

Otoh, when I have to choose DVCS, then I primarily look at its VCS
features and not so much about features of the public hosting which is
of secondary concern.

However, considering that there are no darcs solutions for public
hosting, I've decided to use Monotone (with indefero.net) instead.

Still, github with it's non-beatable workflow is not enough to
persuade me to use Git 'cause I'll work more with the DVCS than with
it's hosting UI.

While I agree that it doesn't really matter what anyone uses for personal projects, I wouldn't choose anything non-mainstream for an open-source project where community involvement is important. For example, I think that moving DMD/Phobos/DRuntime from SVN to Bazaar/Monotone/DARCS would be a very bad idea (and I think that GitHub's featureset would fit D's community perfectly).

--
Best regards,
 Vladimir                            mailto:vladi...@thecybershadow.net