Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 5/15/11, Rainer Schuetze <r.sagita...@gmx.de> wrote:
You have to update dbghelp.dll. It's version is 5.1.2600.5512 on my XP,
which does not work. You probably need some version 6.x, 6.11.1.404 from
the "Microsoft Debugging Tools for Windows" worked for me.

http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/debuggers/dbg_x86_6.11.1.404.msi

There is a newer version available, but it seems you have to install the
full Windows SDK for this.

Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
Hmm.. so it might be an XP issue. I'll give Win7 a try later.

No, I have had version 6.12.2.633 installed. I also gave your older
link a try, it didn't help.
I've also tried it on Windows7 after installing debugging tools via
the SDK, and that also didn't help. I really don't understand what is
causing this issue.

Tried compiling via -debug -g, and -debug -gc.

The only other thing I can think of is if there is some other
dependency which I might be missing. Maybe I'll take a look at the new
phobos sources later and try figuring out what is going on.

Is it failing for every executable or only for more complex stuff?

I guess any version of dbghelp.dll might stumble over the debug info of larger programs, e.g. if they contain compressed symbols, symbols longer than 255 characters, inconsistent debug info, etc. cv2pdb also fixes various issues, but these might be unrelated to the symbols necessary for the stack dump.