On Jun 2, 11 18:17, Michel Fortin wrote:
On 2011-06-02 05:30:10 -0400, bearophile <bearophileh...@lycos.com> said:

From the page:
The ultimate goal is to merge the capabilities back into mainline DMD",

Do you want to add a syntax like this to D/DMD?

void insertItem(ObjcObject object, NSInteger value)
[insertItemWithObjectValue:atIndex:];

Well, that's what I'd like. Given that you can't hide completely
selectors as an implementation detail and that programmers might need to
specify them from time to time -- which is all the time when declaring
extern Objective-C classes! -- I thought it'd be very much appreciated
if the syntax for that wasn't too unreadable.

That said, if Walter doesn't like it I could change it to a more
"standard" pragma syntax:

pragma(objc_selector, "insertIdemWithObjectValue:atIndex:")
void insertItem(ObjcObject object, NSInteger value);

It's more verbose and less readable, but it'd work too.

@selector("insertIdemWithObjectValue:atIndex:")
void insertItem(ObjcObject object, NSInteger value);

;)