On 7/20/11, Jonas Kivi <seewebs...@foremail.fom> wrote:
> That would be nice. I've been meaning to test PortMidi to get some midi
> controls for my app (the Pihlaja video viewer thing).

There's bindings for that too (although only Windows was tested):
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/DPortMidi

You might be interested in this example:
https://github.com/AndrejMitrovic/DPortMidi/blob/master/samples/win32_drawshapes.d

It draws midi CC control changes as envelopes, it uses a plain C
binding to Cairo to draw on a Win32 surface. Here's a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/19vKa.png

It's not my best code, I should be using a cyclic buffer to pass data
from the Midi worker thread to the GUI drawing thread, but instead
I've used some hackish array duplication. :)