On 2012-01-03 20:46, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Alex Rønne Petersen"<xtzgzo...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
On 03-01-2012 19:47, Walter Bright wrote:
On 1/3/2012 6:49 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
Perhaps some kind of experimental releases would be better. It could
help
getting new features out to the community (and thus tested) faster.

We call them betas<g>.

But anyone can pull the latest from github and use it, many do.

That's not very practical for most users. Some kind of ready-to-download
builds would be much better.

I don't remember if this feature has made it into a formal DVM release yet
or not, but it's been in the main DVM master branch for awhile:

git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd.git
git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime.git
git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos.git
git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git  # for RDMD
dvm compile
./dmd/bin32/dmd  # or ./dmd/bin64/dmd

No, it's not in a release yet, sorry. But I can make one. I was hoping to make DVM download the source from github automatically but I haven't had time to implement that yet. I've been focused on other projects lately.

--
/Jacob Carlborg