On Thursday, 26 January 2012 at 03:50:38 UTC, Lionello Lunesu wrote:

Hmm, this would work beautifully! tlbimpd could be extended to generate the same kind of wrappers for each COM object/interface.

About WinRT... That's actually how my code started out. There are still some WinR Treferences in the slides that I should have removed. Anyway, now that WinRT is 'out in the open' that's no longer an issue. So, yes, the same trick works for all of WinRT.

Looked more in depth at your code I see that you demonstrated the "D IDL" which I think is what tlbimpd is doing, still need to piece all these components together myself.

Looking at the Wikipage on WinRT, it seems that tlb is being "dropped" and replaced with a meta data format similar to .Net's. This would definitely be a nice area to have expanded.

There is also a comparison you do and I'm curious how you see this one working. VARIANT -> std.variant. In Juno the Variant struct is defined and it seems their are functions which take that type. Isn't the struct definition still going to be required for interoperability. It could be made transparent to the user though.