On Wednesday, 8 February 2012 at 23:01:56 UTC, Manfred Nowak wrote:
Yao Gomez wrote:

My suggestion is that you should specify that your guide is about tools an configuring those tools.

Looks like for the author (and many others) the IDE represents the language and the compiler is a tool for the IDE.

-manfred

No way pal, IDE for me is just a tool, and I refer to a IDE constantly because I like the productivity that it provides when I need dealing with a huge project it's resources for example.

You can write a code inside a simple text editor without any resouces except OPEN & SAVE. But I really prefer using a text editor with syntax highlight instead.

Matheus.