On Thursday, 1 March 2012 at 22:25:41 UTC, F i L wrote:
Awesome job, Alex!

With the performance improvements of Mono 2.8.6.5 and Parser/Performance improvements of Mono-D 3.0 working with D is on par with working with C# in Visual Studios. Even better since I get the same experience on all three platforms.

It would be nice to see Mono-D (and other IDEs) linked to from the dlang.org somewhere. So new D users won't have to dig through the forums or sift through dead dsource.org projects to find it. Seeing as how, for some of us, proper IDE support is a big issue, and Mono-D + MonoDevelop is virtually on-par with Visual Studios (productivity wise).

I think it would help D's popularity to some degree if we could direct people to some "officially" supported IDEs. With Mono-D on top of course! ;)

Ha yeah, thanks, perhaps it would be cool to have a central Tutorial page on which everything becomes explained -- so first setting up dmd/gdc/ldc etc. on all platforms, setting up editors and IDEs, so on a real step-by-step basis, along with screenshots, Q&A sections and stuff .. I guess this would actually push! (And please, don't name Mono-D only, it isn't even finished yet though there are _some_ completion features ;-) )

One gui from wrote a document yesterday that explaines how to install dmd and MonoDevelop and Mono-D in a really noob-safe way
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1otZvBUGM_soFAN-OH2BtdB_-J9qiw_2nJM0WNDzvSho/edit?pli=1&pli=1