Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> "Dejan Lekic" <dejan.le...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> and eventually make this group a convenient place to post important news
>> related to the D and its community, job announces, good ideas, etc.
>>

> A linkedin group for those who like that sort of thing is one thing, but
> D-related announcements, ideas, discussion, etc. belong here in the D
> newsgroup so they're available to everyone, not hidden behind linkedin's
> gates, and all in one unified place. We don't need to be fracturing the D
> community.

Nick, nobody said LinkedIn is going to be the *main place* for
announcements. That would be, as you said, a bad idea. I doubt we will have
any serious discussion there that can't be available on our news server.
However, based from my LinkedIn experience with other FLOSS groups, it is
very much possible that, for an example, job-announcements by some of the
future recruiters, are going to be posted on LinkedIn only. You will not
expect someone from a recruiting agency to go through various newsgroups and
post announcements, do you? :) - I certainly would not.