On Tuesday, 27 March 2012 at 00:53:45 UTC, Ary Manzana wrote:
I'd recommend moving those two html pages to github's wiki, or some other wiki. If people start using your library they can contribute with explanations, example usages, etc.

Yeah, I started that for the dom.d but haven't gotten
around to much yet.

I also see many empty or short sections in those documents, which again I think is asking for a wiki.

or for me to finally finish writing it :)

I'm also not sure about the format you provide for getting the code: many unrelated modules all in a single directory.

They aren't really unrelated; most of them worth together
to some extent.

If you grab web.d for instance, you also need to grab cgi.d,
dom.d, characterencodings.d, sha.d, html.d, and color.d.

If you are doing a database site, you can add database.d and
mysql.d (or postgres.d or sqlite.d) to the list.

curl.d and csv.d are nice for working with external sources
of data. rtud.d depends on cgi.d for pushing real time updates.

So, all of it really does go together, but you don't necessarily
need all of it.

dom.d and characterencodings.d can be used independently.
cgi.d has no external dependencies.

etc. They are independent, but complementary.

(well, the last point isn't really your fault, something like Jacob Carlborg's Orbit is really needed to make D code universally accessible and searchable)

I could add my build.d up there too... which offers
auto downloading and module adding, but it is kinda
slow (it runs dmd twice).