On 3/29/2012 7:05 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
I don't understand why people think it's ok for basic, basic shit that would
have ran fine on a Pentium 1 (and less) to now require what quite literally
is a super-fucking-computer-on-the-desktop just to run acceptably.

Seriously, what the fuck's the point of buying all this insanely powerful
hardware if software just turns the damn thing right back into a fucking
single-core P1? That's just insane. People are seriously fucking bat-shit
crazy.

I'm in complete agreement with you.

It's like when I bought a new dvd burner, and had to upgrade Nero Burning to deal with it. The old Nero was 6Mb, the new one was 90Mb (!)