On 3/30/2012 2:15 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Andrei and I have  talked about it, and we think it is because of
difficulties in breaking a module up into submodules of a package.
We think it's something we need to address.

Eh? Other people have voiced concerns over that since waaay back in even
pre-D1 times. In particular, many people have argued for allowing modules
with the same name as a package. Ie: you could have both module "foo" and
module "foo.bar". The reasons they gave for wanting this are right along the
lines of what you're talking about here. Eventually they got the message
that it wasn't gonna happen and they gave up asking for it.

Or is there a separate problem you're refering to?

No, that's it. What brings it to the fore is, as I said, the kitchen-sink module that is becoming prevalent.