Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/30/2012 4:24 AM, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
Walter Bright wrote:
I think it's far superior to the explicit friend thing in C++.
Just curious. Did you take it from Delphi? :-)

No. I've never looked at Delphi in detail.

But in any case, for any language feature, there's always another
language that had done it before, or something like it, or something
that if you stand on one leg and touch your nose it resembles it, or
whatever.

It's also true that good ideas tend to be reinvented over and over.

Yes, I agree.

There have been many module systems before Delphi, too. I even have dim
memories of reading about modules in the 1980 Ada spec :-)

Actually, I meant allowing access to private fields within the same module. It really helped me to avoid writing boilerplate code for these fields. And I'm thinking about lots of correlated classes.

I asked because Delphi and D are the only ones I know that make friend classes implicit :-)