On Saturday, 7 April 2012 at 05:02:04 UTC, dennis luehring wrote:
7zip took 55 secs _on the same file_.

that is ok but he still compares different implementations

7zip is the program. It unzips many formats, with the standard zip format being one of them. The parallel d program is three times faster at decoding the zip format than 7zip decodes the same file on the same ssd drive. That is an appropriate comparison since 7zip has been my utility of choice for unzipping zip format files on windows for many years.

I provided the source code in the examples folder for the complete command line utility that I used, so you may build it and compare it to whatever you like and report the results.