On 5/11/2012 9:49 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/1/2012 9:46 AM, Rainer Schuetze wrote:
The Visual D installer can be downloaded from its website at
http://www.dsource.org/projects/visuald

Can you please move it to github?

I considered that aswell recently, but I'm not yet convinced.

I see the increase in contributions to dmd after the move to github, but my own experience with it has not been too positive: making patches for dmd is rather time consuming, I always have to struggle to get the simple stuff done (while it was just adding a diff to the bugzilla in the subversion times). As a result, the number of patches that I have provided has dropped considerably. My feeling is that git allows a lot of complex things at the cost of making standard operations much more complicated than necessary.

Using git/github is probably less work for you compared to svn, but this also depends on a rather large infrastructure like the auto tester. I'm not sure it does actually help for a project with very few contributors.

There haven't been a lot of community contributions to Visual D so far. To everybody interested: Would a move to github change that?

Rainer