On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 01:29:35 -0700, Roman D. Boiko <r...@d-coding.com> wrote:

On Monday, 16 July 2012 at 07:51:16 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
As a result of the D Versioning thread, we have decided to create a new organization on Github called dlang-stable. This organization will be responsible for maintaining stable releases of DMD, DRuntime, and Phobos.

Congratulations!

I also proposed this idea:

Also, nobody is preventing any person that considers this to be very important from creating a fork of stable branch and applying bug-fixes there. If this happens to be a very useful option, then it could be accepted as a policy.

So my point of view is that it might be too early to have such policy yet.

http://forum.dlang.org/post/ovtazudocniqfcwzx...@forum.dlang.org

That is effectively what we have done here. The dlang-stable repos are forks of the current repos and rely on them for their bug-fix commits. While not everyone agrees that this is the right path, it's the best compromise we could come up with ... and everybody is unhappy, I'd call that a success! ;-)

Also I propose to have a download page with tracking statistics. This would be a nice feedback tool for multiple purposes.

Andrei has said that he would be willing to provide this support on the website and Walter approves.

--
Adam Wilson
IRC: LightBender