On Monday, 16 July 2012 at 19:35:47 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

I agree this would be more direct. But I fail to see how Walter cherry-picking stuff is "basically no additional work", whereas Adam doing essentially the same is an unenviable "amount of labor".

Well, if things go well, there is a system that could make things much simpler. But my thought would that Walter wouldn't need to touch the stable branch. The only benefit for the new org is a separate set of contributes and separate pull requests.

If this system takes off, while still having a cost to Walter, there would be a stable branch which get all the bug fixes and the new feature branch. When adding a bug fix just merge the stable branch into the feature branch. This won't always be a clean merge.

Good luck Adam.