Am 06.09.2012 01:10, schrieb Walter Bright:
On 9/5/2012 4:03 AM, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
GC collection times:

DMD GC Version: 8.9 ms
GDC GC Version: 4.1 ms

I'd like it if you could add some instrumentation to see what accounts
for the time difference. I presume they both use the same D source code.

The code is identical, I did not change anything in the GC code. So it uses whatever code comes with the MinGW GDC 2.058 release.

The problem with intstrumentation is, that I can not recompile druntime for the MinGW GDC, as this is not possible with the binary release of MinGW GDC and I did not go thorugh the effort to setup the whole build. I'm open to suggestions though how I could profile the GC without recompiling druntime. If someone else wants to profile this, I can also provide precompiled versions of both versions.

--
Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut