On Tuesday, 30 October 2012 at 06:34:26 UTC, Namespace wrote:
Yes, but I need input. Tell me some ideas and I'll try to implement them. So you could just test new features in the real world, instead of just talking about them theoretically. And it is not 'waste of time'. Me and my fellow students use D as early as the second Semester for almost all university projects. But as '(pre) compiler' we use Remus just because we miss some features, such as not-null references, since the first week. And it's a damn good exercise to understand, how a compiler works. :)

I can see the value in testing ideas out in practice. I cannot see C++ style namespaces being all that useful given that there are much better alternatives already available, non-nullable references and AST macros would be very nice to try out. Wish we had these features in the real D right now.

--rt