On Friday, 2 November 2012 at 22:21:42 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Also, the "event loop with built in HTTP server" approach *can* also make it easier to write fast servers because unlike CGI-style it's a lot easier to cache stuff in memory.

Of course, that's a double edged sword too because it isn't hard to accidentally inject bizarre cross-request bugs.

This is one of the reasons I still use classic CGI on most my live apps, despite being able to use a long lived process with just a recompile with my lib: it is just easier to ensure stability with the process separation.