Am 06.11.2012 18:32, schrieb David Nadlinger:
On Tuesday, 6 November 2012 at 17:00:27 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
Ok, I ask again, what use case for a UDA is there for function
parameters? (Note that IDL isn't it, as D already has enough
parameter attributes to support IDL.)

What »IDL« are you referring to here? At least as far as I am
aware, IDL usually just refers to an »interface definition
language« in general, so I'm not quite sure what you mean if you
are talking about »enough to support IDL«.

Actually, the Thrift IDL would be a perfect example of how
attributes on parameters can be useful. A simple service
definition in a .thrift could look like this:

---
service Calculator {
     i32 calculate(1:i32 a, 2:i32 b, 3:Op op)
}

perfect example - thx alot