On Tuesday, 6 November 2012 at 20:14:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 11/6/2012 11:42 AM, Max Samukha wrote:> Theoretically there might be cases requiring an attribute of the same class both
> on the function and on the return value. Then differentiation
of function and
> return value attributes would be necessary. Anybody has an
example?

Not a problem, as you'd search the tuple for the attribute that matters anyway.

By "the same class" I meant:

template SomeFunkyID(string id)
{
}

[SomeFunkyID!"boo"]
[return: SomeFunkyID!"bar"]
void foo();

In C#, I can distinguish, which of SomeFunkyID instances is intended for the return value and which for the function itself. How would I do that if both attributes were piled together in the same tuple?