Le 13/11/2012 23:27, Walter Bright a écrit :
On 11/10/2012 12:21 PM, deadalnix wrote:
Thinking of it this way don't make any sense. The whole point of an
attribute is
to tell a library about how to understand your code.

If many library uses the same attribute, then it defeat the whole
point of
having attribute. This is why the discussion about disallowing any
type as UDA
exists in the first place.

I understand that. I just am not convinced of the scope of this issue,
and I am not convinced that a runtime attribute system is that
applicable for this case, nor am I convinced that exception handling is
that applicable (all for reasons already explained).

I presented you compile time uses cases for such a mecanism already. See project lombok for instance.

For another analogy, consider the type "int". Different modules impute
different meanings into it all the time, and it doesn't cause terrible
compatibility problems between modules.

int isn't meant to be discovered. The whole point of attribute is to be discovered.