On 2013-01-24 06:32, Walter Bright wrote:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1542

I haven't noticed any other compiler with this feature. What it does is
upon function exit, it 'smashes' all the memory used for local
variables. The idea is to flush out any dependencies on the
now-out-of-scope stack frame.

Throw this switch when you are experiencing bizarre crashes that come
and go - it may help find the root of the problem by causing it to fail
sooner and more predictably.

It may also be handy if, for crypto code, you don't want to leave
passwords around in memory, though I'd be more proactive about that than
relying on this.

You've started to use pull requests for DMD, nice. Does this take into account delegates that are closures?

--
/Jacob Carlborg