On 2013-01-25 13:01, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

If I was going with that approach I likely would rather port the MonoD
parser since it looks just as good, if not better, and C# would be
easier to port to Java than D.
But the descent.compiler experience (parser ported from DMD's parser)
put me off that approach of porting from a parser in another language
(although the VisualD parser might have less shortcomings than using the
DMD parser since at least VisualD's parser is designed for IDE use). I
want to have more control over the parser, and be able to effect my own
changes in it (something tricky if you're porting - unless you give up
the porting at some point, and just fork your own version and use ir
from there)

I didn't say anything about porting :) I was suggesting you integrate the VisualD parser without porting it. That's why I suggested the one in VisualD and not the one in Mono-D.

--
/Jacob Carlborg