On 2/17/2013 10:18 PM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Compare the earlier changelogs with the bugzilla entries.

It's EXACTLY THE SAME TEXT.

EXACTLY.

No it isn't.

Since I (and Jonathan) wrote the changelog, I can attest that I cut & pasted it character for character out of the bugzilla titles, and received no comments or complaints about it. I did it that way because people on the n.g. asked me to do it that way.

DO you really think that so many people would be so annoyed with the
new format if there *weren't* real problems with it?

I was far more annoyed at the very inaccurate & incomplete changelogs caused by it being edited by hand.

Obviously, the formatting of the changelog is important to several people. I seriously invite you to issue pull requests for it - it's all here:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/d-programming-language.org