On Tuesday, 14 May 2013 at 19:57:12 UTC, Guillaume Chatelet wrote:
Dicebot, Sönke, how about a vibe.d based compiler ? :P

I don't think networking part of of distributed compiler will be that demanding :) It is more about good pipe-lining, like described in Robert presentation. Concurrency level is always low and network speed tend to be much faster than compilation speed.

I'd like someone more proficient in this topic to correct me, but once compiler is daemonized and decent data model / pipe line is defined, adding distributed networking functionality on top is one of the easiest parts.