On Wednesday, 15 May 2013 at 17:32:14 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
You probably should actually quote part of the message so that it's easier to
figure out exactly which message you're replying to it.

It is hard to quote the video :) I was referring to the part starting somewhere here: http://youtu.be/mPr2UspS0fE?t=39m35s

I know that almost all Phobos stuff is either isSomeString+template one or const(char)[] one, but I was curious how this works in context of Ali's presentation.

Negative side of const(char)[] vs immutable(char)[] is that function on its own no longer guarantees thread safety, it relies on the behavior of the caller, which is not that good from the point of view of the type system.